Thursday, March 5, 2009

SOL 5 0f 31 

I felt it in the air today.  Spring!  I walked out of the conference center and felt it.  It was in the air.  The wind was blowing, rather briskly in fact, but it didn't send a chill down my spine.  It brushed gently against my cheek.  As I inhaled warm air filled my lungs and warmed my body from the inside out.  What a refreshing feeling after months of bone, chilling bitter cold.

I was renewed.  Instantly I had a spring in my step.  I just about skipped to my car.  My scarf and unbutton coat flapped in the breeze.  I loaded my materials into the car, took off my coat with a smile of satisfaction and settled in for the drive home.  

Wait!  What's wrong?  A blinding, bright light was coming into my car.  Where are my sun glasses?  I can't remember the last time I needed my sun glasses.

With sun-shielded eyes I cranked the radio, cracked the windows and hit the road for home.




3 comments:

  1. There is a place in life for a loud radio and the wind blowing through your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You felt spring? I'm soooo jealous! http://darkstar11.edublogs.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You described today beautifully!

    ReplyDelete