Friday, March 20, 2009

20 out of 31 SOL 

As we stood outside the classroom door my heart was racing and my hands grew clammy.  You can do this. You can do this.  I told myself.  The group walked in the room and circled around the back.  Cory dashed about, moving several chairs to the rug area.

"Triad members from group one and two that will be teaching please take a seat in one of the four chairs," Cory instructed.  

I sat down quickly hoping to stop the shaking in my knees.  You can do this.  Breath, it's only the one minute link at the end of the lesson.  You'll do just fine.

"I think we need to sit in order," suggested Joann.

We all played a quick game of musical chairs as we rearranged ourselves into the correct order.  I took my place at the end of the line.  Again, I tried to calm my nerves.  Breath.  I slowly filled my lungs and counted to ten.  It came over me gently; a soothing feeling of reassurance.  As the minutes pasted and my turn approached I mentally rehearsed my words.  

Ann and I made eye contact; my signal to begin.  Licking my lips, I parted them and the words flowed out smoothly and in less than sixty seconds I was finished.  You did it!  Yes, I did.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment