Sunday, March 22, 2009

22 out of 31 SOL

Kelly 

Energetic
Driven 
Impatient

Wishes to be more like Christ.
Dreams of growing beautiful flowers.
Wants to be a better wife.
Who wonders why horrible things happen in the world.
Who fears failures.
Who is afraid of new experiences.
Who likes praise and worship music.
Who believes hard work pays off.
Who loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Who loves dogs.
Who loves to read.
Who plans to write a book.
Who plans to live life to the fullest.
Who plans to travel the world.
Who plans to be a library when she retires.

Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Where did you get the inspiration for your poem? Can I use it in my class when I begin teaching poetry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! However, I'm not sure of the source I'll check my poetry file at school and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much...I'm excited to do poetry this year with my class...we were given these tiny little notebooks that Ruth suggested we use as our poetry pocket books...to keep ideas in. However, one little girl was so afraid of writing poetry that she cried when I told her that we weren't getting the notebooks yet. How horrible...I'm hoping that our poetry unit will change her thinking.

    Thanks again for letting me use it.

    ReplyDelete