Wednesday, March 25, 2009

25 out of 31 SOL

Why is traveling so exhausting?  All I did today was sit in a shuttle van, sit at the airport, sit on the plane, and sit in the car on the way home.  I'm glad to be back in the comforts of home. Although I absolutely love New York City I'm a country girl.  

What a mind-bending, physically taxing six days.  Due to exhaustion and the fact that I have to function at work tomorrow I'm cutting it very short on my slice for today.  I'm pledging to get refocused for the remainder of the month.

Here are the words that have not left me since Saturday.

"We write by the light of the books we have read."  Richard Peck

Good-Night, Sweet Dreams

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful aphorism, wonderful thought about books being our light. I find traveling--the sitting part--very tiring. My body gets tired of sitting and so takes it out on the rest of me. And lugging the luggage can make a traveller weary as well. I think though, we operate on little or reduced sleep while away, trying to pack it all in and it catches up to us when we return.

    Start the laundry and put up your feet.
    Elizabeth
    http://peninkpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete