Tuesday, March 10, 2009

10 out of 31 SOL

A song adaptation of It's Raining On Prom Night
Grease Soundtrack  (Cindy Bullens)

It's Raining on Conference Night 

I was deprived of a veteran teacher's dream 
By the cruel force of nature from the blue
Instead of a night full of parent-teacher meetings
All I got was a soaking wet classroom carpet

It's raining on conference night, my hair is a mess
It's running all over my Herringbone suit
It's wilting the stack of assessment forms
And mascara flows right down my nose, because of the storm

I don't even have my diet Coke, oh gee
It fell down a sewer with my teacher's ID

Yes, it's raining on conference night, oh my Mitch (principal's name)
what can I do?  I miss my parents so

It's raining rain from the skies
And it's raining real tears from my eyes, over them (parents)
Oh dear God, make them feel the same way I do right now
Make them come out on this rainy night - oh what can I do 

It's raining rain from the skies,
it's raining tears from my eyes over them
Raining, ooh tears from my eyes over them 
Raining, ooh raining on conference night 
Ooh raining, ooh tears from my eyes over them 
Ooh raining, ooh raining on conference night...

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Too funny, what a creative idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, this is wonderful! I'm sorry for the rain and the soaked carpet and all the rest ... but how lucky for us that it inspired your song!

    ReplyDelete