Sunday, March 4, 2012

SOL Message continued ...

Still working on my message ...


The story of the woman of Samaria and my church family has taught me that each person matters to Jesus. Jesus wanted to bring new life to this woman and to me. I know this because of PUMC.

This story also teaches us that Jesus offers to forgive everyone. He offers new life to all, even if they have been very wicked. I still struggle with accepting God’s forgiveness. Sometimes it’s hard to believe He loves someone like me. Sometimes it’s hard to believe God has forgiven me when I have yet to be able to forgive myself. Sometimes it’s hard to fight off the evil.

But the hold of my sins is weakening … He is saving me from my sins. He has given me great hope and I find my hope in Him because of my community of faith here at PUMC. The woman at the well had her sins “washed away” by Jesus. This church (as a body of Christ) has “washed away” my sins. I have discovered His divine mercy in the living water of grace. The woman went to the well to get a jug of water. I went to the theater to find acceptance. Instead, I got so much more a cleansed and refreshed spiritual life.

The journey that Mary Magdalene took that morning is for me, and you and you. It is for those who have doubts and questions or those who accept it all without any doubts. It is for all of us who are willing to leave the comfort of where we are to discover where we might be

1 comment:

  1. "It is for all of us who are willing to leave the comfort of where we are to discover where we might be..."

    Powerful words, Kelly! This is beautiful. I know your story will inspire countless others. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete