Tuesday, March 27, 2012

#27 SOL Questions for my Pre Evaluation Meeting

Tomorrow I have my formal evaluation. I have a Pre-Observation Meeting which requires I respond to a set of questions. So, tonight's post contains some of my answers.

What are your learning outcomes for this lesson? What do you want the students to understand?
The learning outcomes for this lesson are: students will decide what they want to say about a topic (American Revolution) and organize what they know; students will read to develop opinions about past events; students will use reading skills to learn content.

How does this learning fit in the sequence of learning for this class?
Students are progressing through the history GLCEs and need to understand the sequence of events that led to the American Revolution while forming connections between historical events and current events. Students are progressing through the skills needed to read multiple types of texts and gain background knowledge in a content area. Students are also increasing the amount of reading in informational texts.

Not much tonight considering the fact that I'm preparing for my evaluation lesson tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment