Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Slice of Life Tuesday

Holy Cow! It took me 20 minutes to remember how to navigate my blog since I haven't posted in over a year.

Ruth has inspired me! (She's really good at that.) I've been reading her posts thinking, 'I need to write.' I have been talking myself out of writing long enough. I even had an excuse for today, two post-graduate projects due this Friday. (I'm completing an EdS degree in leadership and administration at GVSU.)

I decided after reading several comments on today's slices that I needed to quit making excuses. So here I'm ending the excuses.

To help end my writer's block I decided to start with a list of future topics:
  • Becoming a triathlete
  • Being productive this summer (First step: no sleeping late. Alarm remains set for 6:45)
  • MY FIRST TRIP TO EUROPE, Germany this August
  • Summer Writing Institute is right around the corner
  • All the projects I hope to accomplish this summer
  • Taking guitar lessons this summer
  • Defending a Writer's Workshop approach to teaching writing
  • Tending my flower garden
Here's to a summer full of writing.



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot to write about. I'm particularly interested in what's happening with the defense of writing workshop as an approach to teaching writing.

    Hoping our paths cross again this summer in NYC!

    -Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. A list is always a good way to start. I can't wait to read about several of the items on the list. Specifically: Germany in August (I did a river cruise through part of Germany in March) and defending writer's workshop. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that writing, and Ruth, pulled you back in. You seem to have some very BIG topics to share about. I can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to blogging and writing. You already have so many interesting topics to write about.

    ReplyDelete